Position: Inventory Lead
Location: Fort MacLeod, AB
Type: Full Time, Hourly
We are seeking to fill the important role of Inventory Specialist for our exciting new project in Fort MacLeod, AB.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role is ideal for someone ‘hands-on’ who has an eye for detail and organization. The Inventory Specialist will develop and enforce inventory controls. The Inventory Specialist will own the process of managing company inventory controls from inventory forecasting, to writing off damaged obsolete inventory, to all the processes in between. EWR is a full-service wind energy solutions provider offering turnkey installation, maintenance, crane services, project planning, and more to wind farms across North America.
- Plan and control inventory for all parts and products throughout the site.
- Maintain item database ensuring proper coding.
- Manage inventory entries.
- Conduct and supervise physical counts and adjustments.
- Assist in implementing and monitoring new inventory control initiatives.
- Assisting management with accounting and inventory functions as needed.
- Administer shipping and receiving documents related to the movement and control of supplies and equipment.
- Accurately identify equipment serial numbers, record basic equipment descriptions and label equipment correctly.
- Provide assistance as required to the rest of the team.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and clients is top priority for all.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1 to 2+ years of similar experience
- High school graduate. Any post-secondary education is an asset.
- Knowledge of, or the desire to lean about wind and renewable energy operations.
- Proficient with computers and good working knowledge / experience using MS Office Suite products like Word, Excel, Outlook, Project.
- Documentation processing experience is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You must be process- oriented and comfortable adhering to company policies and procedures to be successful in this role.
- Excellent organizational skills leaving no detail unattended.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Highly motivated, goal-oriented, and self-directed, and able to work independently, as well as collaboratively. You thrive working as part of a team and pitch-in wherever needed.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional skills in effectively managing multiple tasks often under pressure and within rigid time constraints of the project.
- Class 5 (non-GDL) Driver’s License required with clean abstract.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Occasional heavy lifting.
- Travel as required.
- Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
- Only those candidates who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care