Position: Tool Crib Supervisor
Location: Fort MacLeod, AB
Type: Full Time, Hourly
We are looking for a Tool Crib Supervisor to join our Energy Wind & Renewables (EWR) team. EWR is a full-service wind energy solutions provider offering turnkey installation, maintenance, crane services, project planning, and more to wind farms across North America.
The Tool Crib Supervisor will be able to track tooling, maintain equipment and ensure supplies/rigging/tools are available to crews as required. Additionally, the Supervisor will provide coaching and development for a junior supervisor in this role. Under direct supervision from the Construction Manager, the Tool Crib Lead Supervisor utilizes skills and training to provide an effective and efficient system for tool use on the project.
- Management of the tooling inventory
- Learn, and maintain the 5S system
- Train the Junior Supervisor
- Locate vendors for supplies and following thru on process to have vendor set-up
- Understand the PO system, and following proper procedures for procurement of items
- Research tooling needs for each team, and provide a list of tools required
- Understand the roles of the team and subsequent tooling needs
- Anticipate consumable usage and stock as required
- Providing direction to suppliers of fuel, waste management, outhouse management, including location to install on site
- Participate in foreman meetings as required
- Understand site layout and be able to provide instruction and direction
- Overseeing the delivery of all rental equipment and conducting on hire/off hire inspections (pre/post)
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures. Identify risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment and either stop work / escalate or implement defined and appropriate mitigation methods with appropriate oversight. Always demonstrate risk-averse safety behavior. Encourage and recognize others completing safe acts and intervene when unsafe acts are practiced.
- Demonstrate integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
- Truck Maintenance – Scheduling trucks for oil changes and servicing
- Tooling Maintenance – inspects equipment, conducts repairs and sends for warranty as required
- Timing of tooling that is sent away to ensure a backup is always available
- Set up trailers at start of project, taking inventory
- Calibration of tooling
- Ensure the site trucks are fueled, keeper of keys, parking on site
- Set up services for garbage/recycling pickup and maintenance
- Return material from turbine manufacturer as required
- Site Clean Up
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience working with tooling and equipment
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a related Wind project role at a Supervisory level
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices / protocols
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Experienced calibrating tools, including E-rads
- Must be able to understand tasks at hand
- Must be a problem solver
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Medium level computer operation skills, must be able to communicate to vendors by email and create/maintain excel spreadsheets
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Ability to plan, develop and implement training modules related to the area of Tool Crib Management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain records accurately and consistently, work orders and check sheets.
- Ability to work independently, in a shop or field environment
- Ability to prioritize and plan tasks, order parts and filters
- Ability to follow and execute detailed instruction in a fast paced and repetitious environment.
- Ability to read, understand and follow hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical diagrams.
- Must be willing to repair and maintain equipment, including performing routine maintenance and servicing
- Ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, carry items up to 50 lbs. in weight.
- Ability to stand, stoop, kneel, and bend for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to grip and manually manipulate, often with repetitive motion, items such as, but not limited to, hand tools, turbine parts.
- Comfort working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters.
- Ability to successfully participate in all training courses
- Ability to coach and cross train employees
- Regular walking and/or sitting.
- Ability to hear and use close range radios.
- Strong field of vision including visual depth perception and ability to distinguish colors.
- Able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions.
- Comfort working remotely on a Turbine as part of a team
- Travel and overtime as required.