We are looking for an Estimator to join our Energy Wind & Renewables team on a full-time basis.
Energy Wind & Renewables is a full-service wind energy solutions provider offering turnkey installation, maintenance, crane services, project planning, and more to wind farms across North America.
- Calculate and estimate all labour, equipment, and materials costs required as per contract/customer specifications.
- Establish a project schedule on the estimated milestone progress dates and completion timelines in order to meet the expected contract completion dates.
- Solicit pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for labour, equipment and materials, in order to ascertain the most competitive price.
- Prepare final tender documents for submission to client on behalf of Energy Wind and Renewables.
- Review project budget, schedule, and project execution plan and identify any potential risks/prior, during and at the end of the project.
- Oversee and participate in the development of various types of estimates from conceptual estimates for proposals and detailed estimates for ongoing projects.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients on their requirements, and advice the best way for their scope of work to be completed.
- Create, enhance and maintain client relationships.
- Review and analyze job costing vs. bid and appropriately modify estimate for future bids.
- Develop proposals and successful bid strategies.
- Coordinate internal and external resources to support bid development which includes constructability and budget development.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentations as requested, this includes site visits and field calculation cross checks to ensure quality assurance for future quotes.
- Proof of Post-Secondary diploma.
- 1-2 years of experience working within the energy, wind, and/or oil and gas industry.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, Teams etc.)
- Knowledge of crane operations as well as the limitations of the crane equipment.
- Knowledge of a variety of estimating methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of all project management functions, contract administration, procurement, material control, economics, accounting, labour laws, contract and legal matters.
- Able to organize and plan tasks, with an ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer Service Focused.
- Experience with project management.
- Experience with job cost evaluations.
- Overtime as required.
- Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
- Only those candidate who are selected for the interview will be contacted.
- We will be scheduling interviews over the next two weeks. In order to ensure that your application is considered please submit your application on or before August 9, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
- Energy, Wind and/or oil and gas industry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Estimating: 1 year (Preferred)